These Terms are applicable to all Contracts of any kind made by The Potting Shed at Singletons Nurseries and its clients and apply to all reservations, purchases, bookings and agreements for dining, function room hire and use of all services at The Potting Shed Café/Restaurant. Sales made via www.thepottingshed.cafe are managed by Singletons Nurseries. Singletons Nurseries is the seller of the Goods and/or Services and is solely responsible for any Goods and/or Services you purchase.
“The Potting Shed Cafe” or “The Potting Shed” or “us” or “we” – refers to the owner of the website.
“You” or “your” – refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Personal Data – refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – refers to any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data Subject – refers to a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Making a reservation for Afternoon Tea requires a minimum of two persons per booking, and payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
Reservations for Afternoon Tea must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance, and we require 24 hours notice for cancellations.
Please call the cafe on 0121 453 1562 to book.
Restaurant Bookings for Breakfast, Lunch or Sunday Lunch
If you require to reserve a table of 6 people or more £5.00 per person deposit is required (non-refundable) Monday to Sunday.
Tables can only be held up to 30 minutes after booking time. Notification will be required if this is going to occur. Tables booked without any notification – The Potting Shed has the right to free the table to another customer after 20 minutes if the customer fails to attend.
Deposits and Payments
Payments can be made by card on our website or instore at The Potting Shed. If you would prefer to pay by cheque, please call or pop in to make your booking. Cheques should be made payable to Singletons Nurseries.
Bookings can be made online and reserved using our online booking service. A non-refundable deposit is made payable when booking. The Potting Shed welcomes adults only to our evening events and we are pleased to assist with any special requirements.
Due to the popularity of our events, table configuration is at the discretion of the venue. If for any reason a function has to be cancelled, we will provide as much notification to the customer and a full refund including deposit will be refunded.
Start times are only approximate and if there is any live music included in the event, the management cannot accept any refund or accept any liability for them not attending. We can however, at the discretion of the manager, offer a partial refund.
All information is correct at time of going to press, but may be subject to alteration. Artist performance times will vary.
Prices are subject to change without notice. However, your price is guaranteed once you receive a booking confirmation.
Private Hire Terms
Terms and conditions for hire of the function room for business and social events
Bookings of The Potting Shed Café Restaurant at Singletons Nurseries are accepted on the understanding that the Hirer, as named on the booking form, accepts these terms and conditions.
Bookings and Cancellations
- All bookings must be made in writing using the booking form. Verbal bookings will only be classed as provisional until a completed booking form is received and any variation to a booking must be agreed and confirmed by both parties in writing.
- Provisional bookings will only be held for a period of two weeks. If not confirmed by booking form at the end of this period, the date may be released.
- Upon receipt of the booking form, a £50.00 deposit will be required to secure the booking.
- The Hirer will be held responsible for any damages or loss of furniture, equipment or crockery. The Hirer shall pay to The Potting Shed, on demand, the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage. A refundable damage bond of £250 will be charged for all Social events in addition to the prices quoted. This will be refunded in full subject to there being no damage to The Potting Shed Restaurant.
- For all events a minimum of 46 persons for all catering options. If this number isn’t fulfilled, the following charges apply
- 30-45 Guests a charge of £50.00 for room hire
- 20-29 Guests a charge of £100.00 for room hire (see attached Hire Leaflet)
- Prices and menus can alter due to the time of year.
- Major variations to the booking such as date change (if we can accommodate) will attract a £10 administration fee.
- Cancellation charges prior to the event booking will be applied as detailed below: Up to 28 days No charge 28 to14 days 50% of the total cost will be charged 14 days or less 100% of the total cost will be charged Notice of cancellation must be made in writing and will become effective on the date received by The Potting Shed
- The Potting shed has the right to cancel a booking if the holding of the event is prevented by circumstances beyond the control of the business. The Potting Shed will refund any monies paid in advance. The Potting Shed does not accept any liability for losses incurred due to the cancellation of an event.
- The Potting shed only allows their own on site chefs to carry out any catering for private events. The Potting Shed does not allow any other catering facilities to be used on site.
Voucher terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions for all vouchers
- Vouchers are for one use only and subject to availability.
- Afternoon Tea Vouchers and gift vouchers to be exchanged for Afternoon Tea require 24 hours notice. In this instance, you must phone or email The Potting Shed in advance of your intention to use or redeem your voucher and quote the unique voucher number at the time of making the initial booking.
- Voucher is not exchangeable for cash and is non-refundable.
- The voucher’s expiry date is shown on the front of the voucher which is 12 months from date of purchase.
- The voucher is valid up to and including the expiry date.
- Vouchers cannot be returned or refunded.
- To use the voucher, the voucher holder should provide a printed copy of the voucher or the voucher issued by post, including the voucher’s unique number
- Each voucher can only be used once.
Delivery of Vouchers
Vouchers are downloadable and are issued by email to the address specified at time of purchase and can be sent to either the purchaser or to the gift recipient, subject to the purchaser’s preference.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to correctly address vouchers. Singletons Nurseries is not liable or responsible for any loss suffered as a result of a voucher via email being blocked by filters or firewalls, or where the incorrect email address has been entered by the purchaser.
Making a booking with a voucher
Afternoon Tea Vouchers and gift vouchers to be exchanged for Afternoon Tea require 24 hours notice. Please phone or email The Potting Shed in advance of your intention to use or redeem your voucher and quote the unique voucher number at the time of making the initial booking. Afternoon tea vouchers can only be used Monday to Saturday between 12noon and 3pm.
Refunds and Cancellations
Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged, either fully or in part for cash of any amount.
All complaints relating to the supply of the Goods and/or Services specified on the voucher should be directed to Singletons Nurseries. Contact details can be found on the website.
Any complaints or queries relating to voucher information displayed on the www.thepottingshed.cafe website, the purchase process or delivery of vouchers, should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Risk of loss
The Potting Shed is not responsible for vouchers lost, stolen, destroyed or used without the purchaser’s permission. Risk of loss passes to voucher purchaser upon electronic transmission of the voucher to the designated recipient.
The Potting Shed has the right to cancel issued vouchers, close user accounts, and / or request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained voucher is redeemed or used to make purchases.
Privacy is paramount to us and we will not pass on your details to any third party.
Payments are processed securely through PaymentSense. No details are retained or passed on.
Technical terms of the site
Access to this site
Access to this Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on this Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this Site to users who have registered with us.
You must not misuse this Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server(s) on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
If you have a compliment or complaint regarding a recent visit to The Potting Shed please email email@example.com or telephone direct on 0121 453 1562 or 0121 457 9977.